Ski, bike or canoe equipment, skills, routes, etc.
Most outdoor activity equipment can be hired locally ( see below ). ADVANCE BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED, especially at peak holiday times.
- Touring skis, poles, boots and skins ( harscheisen where available ).
- Alpine skis, poles and boots ( including childrens’ sets )
- Mountaineering boots*, crampons, axes.
- Avalanche transceivers, shovels, probes.
- Mountainbikes ( hardtail and full sus, includes helmets and repair kit )
- Open canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids
- Sea Kayaks, paddles, buoyancy aids
- All hire equipment is subject to availability.
- Waterproofs not available to hire.
- There are also plenty of good outdoor retailers in the area and I would recommend asking me for advice before you make a purchase.
- Limited supply of climbing helmets can be provided through Arc Guiding.
* Stiffer than regular hillwalking boots.
I don’t currently offer instruction in snowboarding – although it can be arranged. However, all the winter skills and ski touring courses are certainly relevant to boarders – including training on avalanche avoidance, transceiver search, survival, ice axe and crampon skills. And just plain riding!