Depending on where we are, they may not even bother you! That may come as a surprise, but they are much less noticeable in some places than others. Below is a list of products you might find handy:
- Avon ‘Skin So Soft’. Comes in a spray bottle – easy to apply, doesn’t seem to damage clothing and you don’t have to notify the UN Chemical Weapons department about it. DOESN’T STOP THEM LANDING ON YOU but it does stop them biting.
- ‘Shoo’ is a herbal remedy – some people swear by it. ‘Smidge’ also seems to work.
- Jungle Formula. Various products, all of them nasty but very effective.
- Marmite. Rumours of Vitamin B compounds secreted through your skin/breath and repelling midges. No, you don’t have to rub it on ( although that might not be a bad idea ).
- Pocket sized Midge head net if you are desperate enough to have lost your sense of dignity. Simple baseball cap if not ( at least it keeps them out of your hair ).
- A Midge Eater. £649.99.
( I am not in any way affiliated with any of the above companies or products ! )